Salary: £8.50 - £9.00 per hour
Position Type: Full time
Working Hours: Standard Working Hours
Would you like to use your caring skills to improve and enrich the lives of our residents? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your management potential? Do you want an employer that rewards you for your efforts and provides generous benefits?
- Leading a team of carers to provide high quality, person-centred care and support to residents
- Working closely within the team to provide choice, dignity and wellbeing and encourage independence
- Taking part in activities in the home
Your skills and attributes:
- An experienced Team Leader with strong care skills and a proven track record in supervision to lead and motivate our team of carers
- Highly motivated with good communication skills and an affinity towards older people
- Team player with a caring disposition and a commitment to excellence
- Flexibility, well organised and proactive
- Good IT skills
- You must also demonstrate initiative and strong leadership
- Keen to learn new skills and develop in your role
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care is required
- Duties include assisting the nurse-in-charge with the management of the shift, supervising the junior carers and senior care staff to ensure care is delivered to a high standard, assist the nurse with minor dressings, and changing of catheter bags, auditing residents’ weight and blood pressures and report any changes to the nurse in charge.
Our benefits package, perks and incentives:
- £250 cash signing on bonus for new care staff*
- Generous pay rates depending on experience (£8.50 – £9.00 per hour)
- Generous holiday entitlements: 28 days holiday (pro rata)
- Excellent training and development opportunities, and study support
- Free DBS check
- Free uniforms – stylish, comfortable and practical
- Refer a Friend scheme with cash bonuses up to £500
- Competitive pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
Why choose us?
- At Balcombe Care Homes we know what good care looks and feels like. We understand what’s needed in order to provide our residents with the very best quality of life, and ensure our staff feel valued, supported and rewarded. If you feel you’d like to join our friendly, professional, caring team, then please get in touch. Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or for an informal chat, please telephone Pauline on 01243 827619.