Kitchen Assistant/Supper Cook – weekdays
Would you like to combine your communication skills with your interest in food to improve and enrich the lives of our residents? Do you want an employer that rewards you for your efforts and provides generous benefits?
- Taking menu choices from residents for the chefs
- Serving meals and beverages to residents’ rooms and public areas in a pleasant manner
- Delivering and collecting meals and setting up of the dining room
- Taking part in activities in the home
- Advising care staff concerning any changes in residents’ dietary habits.
Your skills and attributes:
- Enthusiastic, motivated, good communication and customer care skills
- An affinity towards older people
- Team player with a cheerful, caring disposition and a commitment to excellence
- Flexibility, well organised and proactive
- Keen to learn new skills and develop in your role
- Must have a minimum level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ideally you will have some experience in the hospitality sector although full training will be given
Our benefits package, perks and incentives:
- £250 cash signing on bonus for new catering staff*
- Generous pay rates depending on experience
- Generous holiday entitlements: 28 days holiday (pro rata)
- Excellent training and development opportunities, and study support
- Free DBS check
- Free uniforms stylish, comfortable and practical
- Refer a Friend scheme with cash bonuses up to £500
- Competitive pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
Why choose us?
At Balcombe Care Homes we know what good care looks and feels like. We understand what’s needed in order to provide our residents with the very best quality of life, and ensure our staff feel valued, supported and rewarded. If you feel you’d like to join our friendly, professional, caring team, then please get in touch.
For further information please contact Sandie Tebbutt on 01403 790388.